One Nation One Tax
Goods and Service Tax in India
Get GST Registration by Taxwala and stay ahead on GST Compliances.
GST Registration at just ₹ 2,499/-
Don't want to pay? Do it by yourself!
Procedure for enrollment under GST System Portal in Maharahstra
Step 1 – Paperless procedure: The whole system of enrollment will be paperless; hence, no hard copies shall be entertained by the department. All the aforesaid registered taxpayers will need to visit the GST system portal.
It is mandatory for every person to register if the annual turnover is more than ₹ 20 lac, the exemption limit. (₹ 10 Lac for North East India + Sikkim, J&K, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand)
Step 2 – Provisional ID and password: Before visiting the GST system portal, you must have the provisional ID and password given to you by your concerned authorities.
Hence, contact your ward officer to complete the online pre-registration under GST.
Step 3 – Documents and information required: To complete the registration procedure, you must have the following information:
- Provisional ID.
- Valid email address (it should not be off professional – Use your own email ID)
- Valid mobile number
- Bank account number
- IFSC code
Further, also carry the following documents which needs to be uploaded on the website:
- Proof of constitution of business:
- In case of partnership deed – partnership deed (PDF or JPEG in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- In case of others: registration certification of the business entity (PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of promoters/partners/Karta of HUF (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Proof of appointment of authorised signatory (PDF and JPEG format in maximum size of 1 MB).
- Photograph of authorised signatory (JPEG format in maximum file size of 100 KB).
- Opening page of passbook/statement containing the following information:
- Bank account number
- Address of branch
- Address of account holder
- Few transaction details
(PDF and JPEG format in maximum file size of 1 MB).
Step 4 – Fill information and submit: After you submit the form with all the information and documents, an acknowledgement number will be generated. Save that number for future correspondences.
- Central Excise duty
- Service Tax
- State VAT
- Central Sales Tax
- Entry Tax (all forms)
- Luxury Tax
- Entertainment and Amusement Tax (except when levied by the local bodies)
- Purchase Tax
- State Surcharges and Cesses so far as they relate to supply of goods and services
- Taxes on lotteries, betting and gambling
Important note : If you are supplying goods and services and not registered under any existing tax legislative then you are liable to register only if the aggregate turnover in any financial year exceeds the threshold limit. The existing threshold limit specified by the GST council is 20 lakhs for all the states except for North Eastern States where the limit is 10 lakhs.